Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 7

I've made it this far.

And I wouldn't have posted if it hadn't been so challenging.

This morning I really felt like giving up. In fact, by this afternoon I had basically decided with the wife that I was going to bow out of the challenge.

But - after dinner, a little shopping, and a long walk with the dog, there wasn't really time. I mean, there was time. But I felt a little guilty giving up this early. In fact, I felt a lot guilty. And when it comes to this sort of thing, I feel like women can be so fickle.

With men, it's a switch. With the flip of a switch we are ready to go. But whatever.

In an hour I've made it to day 8.

And I want to turn it off. I want my switch to be turned off and I don't want to think about it at all. I am angry with myself about how I haven't been able to shut down. I should have the will power to not only go for 30 days, but for as long as I want. Maybe I should resolve to do that. To completely give up craving the flesh.

I want to go from "loving on" to "loving off" starting tomorrow. And I think I've got a bit of anger on my side now to help out.

But of course there's always going to be this reocurring thought in the back of my head that really this is all so stupid...

No comments: