Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Rando Post Dec 09

Wow.

4 more posts to go this year and then it's over.

I've got a lot swirling around in my brain right now.

Things I can talk about. Things I go OFF on. But, the people that need to know, already know and once the dust has settled a bit I can really let loose (expect a post later on this month once I'm back from vacation).

First off, this:

The Story of Stuff

Please watch the videos. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been writing about in this blog for years. Let's STOP (or at least cut back) our consuming. Because when you take the consumer out of the picture the entire chain falls on it face. But what then? What are we left with then?

I would love to see.

Anyway, please watch the 2 videos that are available on that website. Real change starts with each one of us - not Mr. President just talking about it.

I was checking my google analytics today because another blog I read had mentioned search terms which lead readers to his blog. I couldn't find where those terms were - but what I did find was something itneresting: The amount of visitors to my blog has increased a great deal. 10 fold.

And I really don't know why. I don't use tags. I don't make my blog easy to find. I've rid this blog (I think) of everything that would give people the ability to figure out who I was (unless they really wanted to search for my true identity). But anyway, to the 132 of you since November 9th who have visited my site - and the 60 of you who actually read something - what do you think? I rarely get comments, but I think comments are some of the best parts about blogging. This is what it's all about right? The most open form of communication?

It's weird to think about how cold it is right now in Washington. In Charleston I have our air conditioning on to keep it at 70 degrees or below. Yes, I am sitting here in my bball shorts right now.

I also tend to trip out on it currently being 8 pm on the west coast too. Everything is so much later on the east coast.

I was involved in a conversation today where someone had said the next big thing in regards to transportation was going to be personal aircraft.

I have to disagree. Personally I think the future will be all about automation. We are so much closer right now to having cars drive for us then we are getting everyone to learn how to fly.

Since they have cars that can parallel park for you - and cars that automatically brake for you when you're in trouble - the next step is just getting the car to drive on it's own.

And I know it's coming. They've been working on it for a few years now.

So imagine if we could get a majority of people to use the automated driving system. Or be forced to use it during peak driving hours. We could have computers making all the "correct" decisions for us while driving and traffic would be minimized. After only 11 years of driving, rarely do I feel the desire to really drive anywhere - just to drive. I would say 90% of the time I'm hitting the road I'd prefer to just type in a destination in to my GPS and let my car drive me there while I enjoy my music/TV/etc.

Have you ever listened to someone snore and then get tired yourself?

That's what I'm going through right now. I guess not really a rando post for me - not enough topics, but it'll have to do. Caribbean here I come!

No comments: