Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Now I Won't Be Able to Sleep

Remind me not to read anything to get my blood boiling before heading to bed.

First this awesome article about giving raises to our hard working state employees.

And now, to cover those raises?

Well, we've definitely got to find some form of revenue.

And what better way to tax people on things we don't want them to have anyway?

We've got to make up a much bigger short fall than that though. We've got to keep our state worker's ridiculous overtime going! And the pensions! And don't forget about the other bountiful benefits!

So how about charging people more for property they've already assumed they paid for?

Remind me why I live in this great state of ours?

And for me, that isn't the worst part of it. The worst part of it is always the apathy. Out of over 100+ links and facebook updates not ONE of my friends mentioned any of this.

No one cares. The tax bills go up and people just shrug at the necessary evil.

I'm in the same boat. I can't do anything to change it. I guess it's the cost of living where we do. The sad thing is, the less people care (especially those in my generation) the more and more the government will take from us.

Because if no one protested the sin/vice tax - who would complain about a tax on the amount of garbage we produce? That's a win win for the government too right? Or how about a tax on foods over a certain calorie amount per meal? Is that the reason why all of these restaurants have to display their calories now? Maybe a tax on people who want to drive their car on their own and not carpool everywhere they go? A tax for sitting on the couch and watching TV? So many ways to make money off the tax payers who don't care.

They can't force us to do anything. They'll just shape the way we live our lives by paying themselves with our money.

No comments: