Friday, December 23, 2005

The Eve of Christmas Eve

Well, here I am. Almost 4:20 and 2 people left in my department including me. Everyone else was excused except for me. I think I am being punished. Ah well. I get paid an extra $37 dollars for being here, and they don’t. But is it worth my time? Meh. Maybe, maybe not. I would rather be at home playing poker. I haven’t played in almost a week. I am experiencing withdrawals. Michelle has the whole freaking holiday off (from yesterday until the 3rd) so good luck to me in trying to fit in some cards between now and then.

And you know what the sickest thing is? The most wrongest thing (I know, it’s not a word, but I had to convey my message by making your mind mess up in trying to read that word) is that there’s a tournament on PokerStars on CHRISTMAS day. $530 buy in. And I want to go try and win a satellite to get in to this damn tournament. Ham, Turkey, Roast, Presents, Christmas Music, Family, Friends, Fiance be damned! I want to go burn my money!

I’ve spent a lot of money on gifts this year. Just like I did last year. I can’t believe I bought two people Ipods. This year, I don’t know what I bought, but somehow it’s already added up to $700. And I’ve still got to buy things for 3 people, or I suppose just give them money. Looks like it’ll end up being around $900 for my Christmas this year. Yuck, goodbye to basically a whole paycheck.

Rave: I checked my 401K balance and over the past 8 months, it’s made $700! WOOHOO! Go money working for me! Go Europe and Asia! Kick some business ass and return all the money to me, not doing anything here. Anyway, what I do here at work is take TECHNOLOGY phone calls. Printer broken? Call me. Adobe not loading properly? Call me. Pop up blocker settings not allowing you to view the web site properly? Call me. In fact, just call me period. Because I’ve been taking so many damn phone calls in my life, I think I’ve taken more phone calls EVER. A typical day I wait anywhere between 10 to 25 minutes in between 5 to 50 minute long calls. Each call is different and interesting, so it’s a lot better than any previous phone job I’ve ever had (I can probably survive this for another 6 years at most, whereas I could only survive those other positions for about 2 years max). It gives you a lot of time to surf the net, read up on things, read books and joke around with your coworkers. Pretty nice. On a day like today though, it is killer. I am on my way to an hour without a call, and that’s been about the norm all day.

THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH WEB SURFING I CAN DO. I become exhausted and bored of looking at things. It is hard to shop online for things too when I don’t really have the money. Sad to say, what I was looking at was a computer desk for my new house, not even something I really want. Ah well. Also, the book I am reading, at times, reads like a text book. Great. I’m back to reading stuff that puts me to sleep. It’s all very basic and rarely makes interesting points. But I’m halfway through, so I’m dying inside to finish this stupid thing. My next book on the line up? “Rich dad poor dad”. Wow, I’ve heard a lot of great things about this book too…guess what? It’s probably going to be another sleeper. Excellent.

I’m wearing the shirt I lost in Vegas (I think). I lost this shirt, and had to buy it again. This shirt doesn’t feel as good as the last one. It’s a bit itchy, but maybe that’s because I didn’t wash it? I’m wearing it with a hoody. So that none of my coworkers tried to be over jovial today with me, I wore my hood most of the time. Some of them made comments about how I looked like a “gangster” or a “thug”. Right, like they ever knew what that looked like.

I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve written, I apologize. I have an hour left to my shift, so let’s see how much time I can waste in writing in this thing.

I just took a big old dump. That wasted 10 minutes. And on that note, I’ll end this, with 45 minutes left to go. So, in all actuality all of this took me 5 minutes to write. I’ll write something more fantastic on another day.

No comments: