Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's the "Holiday Season"

I’m going to write whatever I want to. And writing like this is easier than by hand I’ve found. Definitely, it’s less personal, but at least your wrist doesn’t hurt after writing 3 pages.

The holes in my hair suck. I want to bic my head just so I can get rid of them. I wonder what people think of it. Usually I don’t care. But, it is weird. And it takes explaining. I was listening to NPR the other day on the way home and they were talking about the woman in France who had her face transplanted after her dog had attacked her late one night and basically destroyed her face. She was taking (just like all transplant patients) anti-rejection medication so that her body doesn’t fight her newly grafted face. The way it works is it prevents white blood cells (the good ones that I have too many of) from attacking the new skin/muscle etc. That way, the body accepts the foreign object(s) and you can live with that new metal hip in your side, or in this case a new nose, cheeks, lips and forehead. Anyway, I was thinking, hey! Maybe if I took that medication my cells would stop killing off my hair and focusing on better things. Who knows? I suppose it is worth a shot.

I freaked out about Christmas shopping (YES CHRISTMAS) a few days ago, concurrently going through a rough patch in poker. After a month long $1000 up-tick I quickly lost $400 in 2 days. I said fuck it and took the whole roll out. I’ll try again after Christmas. I’ve got presents for half the people I need to buy them for…Christmas is freaking expensive. Oh, and all you mother fucking bitches that complain and whine about being politically correct, STFU. Really, no one cares. Great, we’re offending 4% of the United States population that DOESN’T celebrate Christmas. Did they ever complain before? Not really, maybe a quiet “Sorry, I don’t celebrate Christmas”. But, of course the “non-celebrators” (truly, unhappy people with nothing better to do) had to stand up for people that I’m pretty sure didn’t need or want any standing up for. Go fuck yourselves. Life really must be horrible for all of you. They’ve even started coalitions for both sides *rolls eyes* And I prolong this ugly circle by complaining about it myself. So, I’m stopping.

Quick survey (I guess for people reading). If you had the chance to purchase time, I suppose at a rate that was negotiable, would you? What would your hourly rate be? Would you do things differently if you knew you could purchase time? And by purchasing time this could mean plenty of things…prolonging your life, prolonging a certain day, or event that you were involved in. My now fiancé and I have a saying of “we’ve got more time than money”. But, if you had enough money, would you purchase time? I guess it all depends on your situation.

Bellagio is holding the World Poker Tour championship in April. The large tournament is a $25,000 buy in. I’m wondering if I can get in through a satellite online. That would be pretty insane if it was possible.

It is hard shopping for parents. It is hard shopping for me. The only things I want you’ll need a loan for. I think that also goes for most parents. Like Lucy on the Charlie Brown Christmas special last night, “My parents get me all these clothes and toys and stuff…but what I really want is some Real Estate!” I used to love the Charlie Brown Christmas. Now that I watch as an older person, I can see that Schulz was trying to get across the over commercialization of it all…the play that had nothing to do with Christmas, Snoopy wins the Christmas light contest, people complaining about toys they’ve received…ok, boring I know, sorry.

Thank God tomorrow is Thursday.

That’s all for tonight. I’ve seriously had a lack of things to write about.

No comments: