Thursday, February 09, 2006

Early Morning Thoughts

Working overtime is awesome. In essence, I could almost double my salary just by working an extra 3 hours per day. Then again I would be working 11 hour or 12 hours shifts everyday…and I’m not sure that would be so much fun. Now, if I had the ability to sleep on the job I would totally do it. I’m pretty sure everyone would pick up OT if they knew they could sleep though.

I woke up this morning at 5:05, and my alarm went off right as I was starting to dream. I reached out to my alarm and switched it off and rolled over. Somehow when I do this, no matter what time it is, I always just lay there for 2-3 minutes and jump right out of bed. I’ve never been one to wake up to the alarm, roll over, and fall right back asleep. I definitely have had those nights where I forget to set my alarm and then don’t wake up at all. Something always tells me that I’ve got to get up though, so usually I still wake up within 20-30 minutes of when I was supposed to get up.

When I come in before 7 to work it’s really nice because all the lights are off. My cubicle becomes a little cave, and if it didn’t have these little plastic windows right next to my wall, or if I wasn’t next to the hall, I’d be trying to rest my eyes a little bit. Looking at a computer screen for 12 hours a day is definitely not going to be good on my eyes in the long run. Isn’t looking at LCDs supposedly better for your eyes though? Something about refresh rates…here I go talking about a topic I really no have idea about. Maybe I can do some research.

Well, the house is done. The house is, but the landscaping is not. Crap! So we are moving in to a house surrounded by mud. I only have a few gripes about the house and they are the following: 1) Our driveway is too small, people are not going to have the ability to parallel park in our driveway, and if I screw up backing out at all, BAM I’m in the grass. 2) There’s a house in my backyard. We thought we were going to have a huge backyard…nope. Turns out they’ve built a house there. Then again, it’s been there for the past 4 months…they’re hopefully going to build a fence and we wanted to put up some TALL bamboo to block them out. 3) You can see power lines from most of our upstairs windows, we are also almost exactly a mile away from an electrical sub station. Then again, they built houses within only 50 yards of the freaking thing. Good luck to all of us and not getting cancer. I hope it doesn’t affect the value of our home…and if cancer cases start popping up, it definitely will, but at least we might be able to sue the builders (or someone) like Erin Brockovich. :p 4) We have a gargantuan wall that runs throughout the house. I have no idea what we’re going to do with that wall.

Other than that though, I love this place. It’s going to be nice to have so much space…and have it nice and quiet at night and in the mornings. Living with my parents the past few months has been pretty tough because I’ve had to be so quiet at night before I go to bed, and I always wake up early any time anyone in my house woke up and was getting ready for the day.

Plans for the day: Shop around for cable and internet connection. I’m wondering if we’re going to be cool and go VOIP or be cheap and just use our cell phones. Go to our new gym tonight and hopefully survive pilates. I’m also going to make my reservations for Vegas. Flight, hotel and vacation requests.

I am hungry, but I am an hour and a half away from a break. What a boring blog post.

No comments: