Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I heart the government *cough*

My part time job is illegal

http://today.reuters.com/investing/financeArticle.aspx?type=bondsNews&storyID=2006-03-15T174222Z_01_N15403811_RTRIDST_0_CONGRESS-FINANCIAL-GAMBLING.XML

That’s a long freaking link!

Synopsis: The government hates the fact that close to 12 BILLION DOLLARS is wagered online every year by Americans. And not one of those suckers in DC (or even the local governments here) are seeing one cent of it. They are sick. They can’t believe that US dollars are going offshore. *big surprise* Wow! Really? You mean Americans are spending 60% of their hard earned dollars (after taxes, which by the way are not DOING ANYTHING) on what they want to? Entertainment? And your PISSED OFF because we’re not getting taxed on our spending? Our winnings? Our entertainment? Guess what, here's how I'm sticking it to you. By continuing to contribute funds and investing in overseas operations. They're the only ones making money anyway.

The poor governemtn. Boo hoo. Seriously. Don’t you feel like you’ve ripped us off enough?

You know, before college I was this hippy. Some kid that thought that these welfare programs, and all this government aid…this is a great thing for people. As I got older and went through college, and now have graduated and am realizing that I could be earning 30% MORE CASH if it wasn’t for the god damned government that does nothing for me I’ve moved towards a more conservative view of things. Purely financial.

I can’t think of this stuff. It’s absolutely sickening. The amount of corruption and screw ups across the board. And the thing that makes me ever sicker? All of these people bashing Bush. Is that the best that you can come up with? Do you realize that your hard earned tax dollars are going to a majority of white guys in suits that just show up for work and say “yay or nay” and the hardest thing they had to do to get elected for the LEAST WORK TO PAY RATIO JOB was to get elected. By whom? Not by me. I’m so disturbed by the whole system that I want to puke. I want to scream. Let’s see, I make about TWENTY TIMES LESS THAN SOME GUY THAT HEADED UP THE MONORAIL PROJECT. That’s right. If you weren’t aware, he was awarded a RAISE for doing NOTHING from about $680K to $750K. Don’t quote me on that number, that’s what I remember seeing this past summer in the Times. Ok, so I pay close to $10K in tax every year…it would take 75 OTHER HARD WORKING AMERICANS to pay this guy’s salary? Oh, and remind me about how much has been done on the monorail this past year? That’s what I thought.

The worst part of it all…the worst part of it…and I have to repeat this to make sure everyone understands…is the apathy. There’s just so much to deal with, and all of us are completely useless that we end up not caring. People are shocked when they read or hear or sense my anger regarding these situations when I tell them I don’t vote. What does ONE vote out of MILLIONS matter? If I had voted in the last election would it have changed anything? No. Do I live in a county with 150 other people where a vote could be decided by my vote? No. I don’t. And voting for these people is just prolonging this idiotic system of just paying blindly. I drive by these hilarious signs every day that say, “Your Nickel At Work”. HAH! My NICKEL? MINE? Only 5 cents? It looks like I only put in 5 cents because all you did was RUIN THE GODDAMNED ROAD AND NOW I’M STUCK HERE WATCHING SOME TEENAGE KID EARN A BETTER HOURLY RATE THAN ME BECAUSE HE’S GETTING PAID BY THE STATE AND ALSO RECEIVES HAZARD PAY. Look, he just flipped the fucking sign from “STOP” to “SLOW”. Well done sir. I hope you die of cancer from my fumes.

So, I’m almost off of work. I will stop venting now. Every now and then…like a boiling pot full of water…steam must get out. Before I go, I’d just like to say: Dear Government: Thank you for trying to make laws to ensure I live a miserable life. Thank you for stealing from me. Thank you for being worthless. But most importantly, and to completely switch up this post: Thank you for protecting my right to voice my opinion.
That is all.

No comments: