Thursday, April 06, 2006

Too Lazy

I am too lazy to post in my blog.

But look, I am doing it. I am very tired and sore from working out. How do people freaking do it? There are people at the gym that I see there every time. Do people seriously keep up this sort of dedication? There are some days that I just don’t want to go.

I want to make this short, because I don’t really have much to share.

Why don’t they make an alcoholic drink that gives you no side effects? Like, doesn’t fill you up, doesn’t give you a hang over, doesn’t make you sick, doesn’t hurt your liver, doesn’t make you fat…now that my friends, is an idea. Is that why they came up with the oxygen bar? I should try that sometime. I think I will the next time I am in Vegas. Stupid though, those people look so dumb doing that.

I am on an investment kick. In the past 3 weeks, I have invested more money than I ever have before given the same time period. I am trying to max out my Roth IRA that I started less than a month before the deadline for the year. That is ridiculous. I am ridiculous. I am a money hungry/grubbing bastard. I check on my checking accounts and investment accounts and 401k at least once a week. Just so I can drool over how much stupid money I’m not using. It is crazy. Finally, for the first time in my life, I’ve got some extra cash to burn (invest). Between Michelle and I, could we hit a million dollars before we are 30? Highly unlikely. Would I like us to? Of course. Maybe that will be a goal. 1 million dollars net worth by the time I am 30. HAH! Lofty. But I’m crazy enough about money that it could happen. A little luck wouldn’t hurt either.

I had a dream the other night that I won the million dollar guaranteed tournament on Poker Stars. First place is typically anywhere between $170K to $215K. I was dreaming that I was withdrawing, once a week, the maximum allowed to go to my Neteller account ($10K a week). I was going to surprise Michelle with a new car, buy myself a motorcycle and maybe figure out other investment strategies for that money. It was a sweet dream. But I think, that is all it is. Just a dream. I think that because I had daydreamed about that happening so much that I actually dreamt it. Kind of sucked waking up that morning. Kind of sucks waking up any morning. But we do it.

I would like to work over time. I want to try to burn out. There are stories of past coworkers that worked 2 months straight of 60 hour weeks. I want to beat that and do 3 months…5 months…a year. I calculated it out, and by working 60 hours a week, with 20 hours of overtime each week, I would almost double my salary…definitely money we could use. And I’m young. I feel like I can do it.

I’m going to end here, without really making any point. I think that I should write more often at night. My writing is more creative and less brain fried and…yeah, I’m leaving from work now.

No comments: