Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bare Buns Fun Run 2007

I streaked up Tiger Mountain with hundreds of other people.

And I was sober.

I got 3rd place in the 20-29 group. I have no idea how I did that.

And it was awesome.

I’ve never felt so physically self-conscious and then within an hour felt completely fine.

And I was getting burnt.

The run was the hardest 5K I’ve ever done. Literally half of the run was basically straight uphill.

And I was tired.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. The nudist colony is definitely all older people.

And it’s too bad more young people aren’t as comfortable with their bodies. Or maybe they just didn’t know about it?

It was a lot of fun. I’m not sure if I’d ever do it again.

And an old fat woman wanted me to come back next year and the year after that. Gross.

Side story: One girl wrote on her body, “Happy Birthday!”. When asked who’s birthday it was, she replied, “It’s EVERYONE’S birthday! We’re all wearing our birthday suits!”

Totally weird, totally out there and at the same time totally refreshing. But not in the sweaty balls type refreshing.

It’s almost unfortunate that the weirdest day of this summer has now come and gone. Like all new experiences, the hours flew by.

I wanted to keep this short. I wanted to write down that I did it. Obviously I’ve got the shirt and 3rd place plaque to prove it. But if I ever make a book of my life, I wanted this to be one of the pages. It’ll be hard to forget for sometime.

Now what next…

1 comment:

Denise said...

reminder- Happy Birthday girl was hot. Must remember she was hot if this is going in a book.