Monday, March 10, 2008

A Prayer

Just like my new year’s resolution said (right?) – I wanted to pray more.

And I have been. And in its own little way, it’s helped.

Today was somewhat depressing for me – by no means did I have a terrible day at all (there have been much worse) but the world just seemed to beat on me a bit.

So to help me calm down, another short March post. And included; a prayer I’m going to write out, instead of saying in my head:

Dear Lord (because it reads better than “God” to me),

My life is better than I could have imagined it for myself years ago. I am in great health and surrounded by people that provide me strength and love. Thank you for that.

But something in me just won’t quit until I can achieve every thing I set my mind to. And at times, they can be in a direct conflict with my own will power.

Please help me handle my own struggles within myself.

I know I must learn that there are things that are out of my control and as much as I try to deny them I know they will continue on.

Please help me accept the struggles outside of myself and allow me to not be so burdened with the weight of it all. I know you are there to help me carry this. Thank you.

Please help me realize that life is the longest marathon I will ever run. Show me how to take a longer term view of life and show me that the things I do on a daily basis are just a small portion – one step of that marathon. Help me slow down and calm my hyperactive mind.

Place me in the state of contentment. At times it has been hard to find.

Thanks for all you do, we’ll talk again soon.

Seth

No comments: