Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Miss

Ugh

So I didn’t hit 4 posts last month. I am distraught. I literally didn’t want to post all of March for what am embarrassment I am to myself. Not even able to keep up with my 4 posts per month rule. Terrible.

I wanted to make this a short post, because I wanted to go to sleep somewhat early tonight.

And I was watching a special on PBS (nerd) on Deepak Chopra (super nerd) tonight and he was talking about things past and future. And for some reason that struck a chord with me. He said something about what you see when you close your eyes when you think of these things.

The reason that this post is entitled “I miss” is because each of the following points should start with that phrase.

-My parents. It’s so odd because they literally live minutes from me. I feel like ever since college, or maybe high school, or maybe ever – we’ve never really connected. Sure, we talk about our things in common, but it’s been rare that I’ve ever had that deep conversation with either of them.

-Sparks. Fireworks. I miss feeling like there were these magical explosions around my head during those kisses. I miss the dogged excitement.

-Paying rent. Or not paying rent or a mortgage at all.

-Having only a savings account.

-Having somewhat straight teeth.

-My cousins. Playing football. Or playing basketball. Or just hanging out.

-My church friends. I remember screaming “Love ya!” across an auditorium to them. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that close to anyone outside of my family.

-All of my past (and mostly quirky) coworkers. Although you may not remember me, I definitely still remember most of you.

-The IMA. Having Don Jones drive me in the Datsun B210 which I bought for him. Going down to the gym almost 4 nights a week to play basketball for close to 3 hours every time. Flag football with blocking.

-Long, sunny afternoons at Denny field when me and the guys would skip out on studying calculus in the Math Study Center and ball it up until the lights turned on…and then turned off.

-Being able to wake up at 10:30 am on weekdays because I didn’t have class until noon. Or didn’t want to go to class at all.

-Working part time and wearing sweats to work.

-Having my own bed. With only the comforter on it. And having my computer next to my own bed.

No comments: