Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween, but nothing to do with it.

So I didn’t get a chance to do my “weekly Sunday night” write. They are usually worn, tired, crazy and possibly delirious, depending on how late in the night it is. Last night, I didn’t write. Today, I decided to write. I figured, let’s try a whole post from work, possibly? Unless I’ve done that before? I don’t know.

Last night I washed all my dress pants (well the ones I typically wear, which amounts to THREE of them) and let them sit in the dryer. They’re probably wrinkled. And because of that, I didn’t pull any of them out this morning and iron them. Because I am somewhat lazy, and I have other business casual attire that will suffice. So they’re probably sitting there, all alone in the dryer, wrinkled and cold, wondering when they’ll see the light of day, or at least the dark warmth of my closets and all their friends. ( “Why hello there striped shirt!” ) Ok, we’re having a potluck at work today and I’ve ate way entirely too much sugar. Also, I’ve had my first taste of caffeine since Friday night. What am I? Mormon? Sheesh. Either way, I’m probably going to crash (hard) in about 30 minutes, or be up and running around until 2 am tonight.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah, my pants. So, all things considered, I am having trouble breathing right now. Unlike my counterparts here, I have gone back 3 times to the potluck to grab more food. I am skipping my lunch and leaving it in the fridge so I don’t have to worry about it tomorrow. Hopefully no one else here at work eats it, although they’ve been SUPERBLY good about not eating anyone else’s food. Side note: There has been 4 different Sobes of 4 different flavors sitting at the bottom shelf of the fridge for the past 3 months. I want to scream. They are unopened, and no one has claimed them, nor have they drank them. I wonder, does someone drink one of them, but immediately replace them and make sure they are in the same order as before? I don’t think this is the case. No one is THAT anal, and if they are, it’s crazy that I would even THINK they would be like them. To get to the point: I want to drink them. I want to drink at least one. It SEEMS LIKE NO ONE IS GOING TO DRINK THEM! Three months! I mean, c’mon, at least move them or something. Get them out of the fridge and away from my wanting eyes, my pining eyes…such sweet carrot juice…elixirs of life. Part of me wants to believe that some social studies major is running some sort of experiment on relationships at work and has placed these Sobe bottles in major traffic area fridges around the nation to see how certain workplaces react and how respectful they are.

When I used to work at Eddie Bauer, my lunch was stolen about once every 2 weeks. It was disheartening. I would always complain to my manager who would also get angry. It got to the point where I was thinking that I could put my NAME on my bags of food and no one would eat them. You know what the FREAKING worst ever was though? When I was working at WAMU and dropped off HALF of my leftover Teriyaki. Someone…some DEVIL had the audacity to eat JUST THE CHICKEN, and leave the rice. Remember, this food was HALF EATEN already! I couldn’t believe it! I was shocked.

And I always said to people that would laugh at my misfortune: “If these people would just ask for some money, I would go and DRIVE them to the teriyaki place/store/etc. and BUY them the food, since they’re so BROKE and hungry they OBVIOUSLY have to eat mine”. Since that point, I’ve wanted a job where my lunch was stolen so I could secretly POISON it with laxatives, and other dubious (does this word make sense here?) items. These moochers would pay. But, until then, I’ll thank my lucky stars that most everyone I work with makes ENOUGH money to bring their own lunch, or at least buy it.

Tangent: It’s snowing up in the passes now. I talked to someone named Christine Burton today also. Burton is a snowboarding company, they made my snowboard pants. Snowboarding is coming very soon. Check back for updates about how people tell me I should be a professional snowboarder but I am content in them just telling me so. End tangent.

So, this bird flu thing. That’s kind of scary. Here I am, eating my breakfast this morning, and the news is telling me that if it comes to the states, TWO MILLION PEOPLE could die? 2 million? Ummm…doesn’t that mean one of those people could be me? It always could be me I suppose. But I hate how they use these scare tactics…and now, I’m washing my hands after going to the bathroom. Look at how the news has changed my life! *sarcastic* I’m worried about eating Turkey this thanksgiving, chicken…and maybe even pork, since it’s “the other white meat”. Wouldn’t it be funny if it was the pig flu? *chuckles* No, it wouldn’t be. And those that laughed at that joke don’t understand how much we, as 60% (or whatever it is, 95%) overweight Americans rely on pork. Those that laughed should be ashamed of yourselves. Hang your heads.

I drink one gulp of sprite, and chase it down with water. That is weird, but I like it because I feel it washes that sugary aftertaste down my mouth and prepares me for another sip of POP.
Ok, so I didn’t really get to touch on the things that I really wanted to talk about: Finally paying for the engagement ring, the great time I had at a couple’s party on Friday night, and how much of a pain moving is…but maybe when I feel like complaining and talking about things that we feel like we SHOULD be interested in, I’ll let y’all know. Until then, remember that drinking sprite out of a straw is better for you because it doesn’t touch your teeth. Unless…you’re one of those weird people that swishes it around in your mouth like Listerine. Because there are definitely those people out there. Just try not to be one of them.

No comments: