Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rough Day

It's weird.

Thursdays used to be my favorite day of the week. Mainly because I still had the UW business school mentality: Fridays off. 3 day weekends.

And I was able to pull that through the past few years. Every now and then I'll bump in to a bad one though. We all do.

So, [vent]

This morning I woke up 40 minutes before my alarm went off, even after not being able to sleep until about an hour after I usually go to sleep. I've been sleeping in the past few days so I guess one day without much sleep isn't that big of a deal. I hope I don't make it 2 in a row tonight.

Anyway, I wake up yawning. A lot. I hate that.

Sit down at the computer to call Countrywide. My home lender for the investment property. After 15 minutes of a hold time, I finally get through to Josh. Yes. That is his real name. I didn't get his lats name unfortunately, but he was a condescending dick.

I was just calling to check the rate on investment properties. All I wanted was the rate for a 30 year fixed. And kept throwing numbers at me. Left and right. Telling me that if I had an "interest and principal payment"...WTF? What kind of loan are you referring to? I'm only looking for a 30 year fixed. Then I get in to an argument with him about rates in regards to the fed buying up the t-notes. Awesome.

Anyway, the end result is that I find out that the rate is a bit higher than it was a month ago when I last checked them - which makes absolutely no sense to me seeing as how the fed is buying up the t-notes. I come to find out that instead of a $140 difference in my mortgage a month later I am being offered a $60 difference. A difference of $960 a year.

Dicked.

All while this conversation is going on, I am thinking of selling out of my UNG. Nat gas April options. I had done well, buying in at $15 and getting ready to sell if we broke over $18...again. See, it had broken over $18 last week, but unfortunately I couldn't sell any of it because I was on my way to the first round of the big dance. In a car. Without internet access.

Why was I thinking of selling? Because they were going to reporting inventory numbers today and I knew I shouldn't hold through it. I got effing greedy. And because of that, I paid. It hurts to lose more than a paycheck in a day. A lot.

Top that off with me shorting the market throughout the day and not working? Yeah, that was a lot of fun.

And work today was a bitch. I mean, really, it wasn't. But why, on my worst days, do I have to end the day with the most frustrating of situations? Why can't I get that before lunch so I can take lunch to cool off? It's murphy's law.

So I finally get off work. The plan was to drink a few beers and watch the game. The beers fell through. I had placed a few bets on the games and just like the rest of my day the first game was fucking me over.

The lid was on the hoop for Purdue. I had a 4 way parlay that would've paid me some of my monthly paycheck back that I had lost earlier in the morning...that missed by 3 points because of STUPID Purdue. Well UConn too. But they did their part by putting up 72. I only needed 63 from Purdue. But NOPE.

Luckily I made 4 other separate bets, of course, 3 of which hit so sportsbetting it was only a down $10 day. No biggie. Still, it should have been a much more successful day sportsbetting than it actually was.

Cringing from the ugly first game of UConn/Purdue I decided to go shoot some hoops. Control my own play.

Something must have happened throughout the day. The day had gotten to my head, in turn affecting my shot. Every shot was short. I considered myself lucky when shots would go in. I played against a guy with long fingernails and he scratched the hell out of my arm.

I left before everyone else from the gym with my tail between my legs. What a freaking embarassment.

[/vent]

I lost the battle today. But tomorrow is another day. And to make things even better tomorrow is Friday.

I still have my health and everyone that is most important to me does too. And that's what counts that most. Sometimes it just seems like the worlds out to get you and you need to type...furiously.

I feel much better now though. I think I may even crack a smile before I go to bed.

No comments: