Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perfection

I think my posts are getting shorter because of twitter.

Suddenly, I don't feel the requirement to write for at least 30 minutes.

In fact, I feel like twitter is counting my number of characters down...slowly coming down to a negative number and not allowing me to update because I've gone over the max number of updates.

This afternoon, the sun came out to greet all of us.

It felt like a Friday.

I got off early from work. It is so beautiful to not have to put in 8 hours of work. Only 4. To go to lunch but realize you don't have to go back.

How do you beat that?

Maybe calling in sick the next day. Maybe.

But I was worried about the clouds. The rain. There was 30% chance of rain today, but I never felt a drop.

Completely the opposite. The skies opened up. And we looked for parking.

China town. Under the viaduct. Sodo. Back to China town.

Sure it was frustrating. But at the same time we were driving around with the sun roof open an enjoying the sites. Or at least I was.

Then, the beer. Multiple beers. Beer, sun, and just cold enough to not sweat.

Then, finally, surrounded by great friends you watch opening day. The 10th inning. We come through with a walk off error.

Buzzing. Happy. Sitting in the sun.

Nothing but smiles and jokes.

Perfect opening day.

Go Mariners!

No comments: