Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vegas

It's been much too long.

The 3 year ban has been lifted.

The last time I was in Vegas was August of 2006 for my bachelor party.

And after the physical, mental and financial abuse I took I swore it off.

Here we are, May 2009 and I've made it. Sure, I had the opportunity to go. Plane tickets were always cheap.

But I wanted there to be a reason to really go back.

And now I have it.

Starting Saturday, May 30th at noon will be Event #4 of the World Series of Poker. It's my first time playing the World Series of Poker and I am so excited.

I'll be going with my dad too, who amazingly is a pretty good poker player. I have visions of us meeting at the final table on Tuesday and having a ridiculous time.

I plan on getting 4th in the tournament which should pay at least $150K. Don't ask me why I'm shooting for 4th, for some reason it just has a nice sound to it. Almost as if winning the thing is too hard. Like 4th out of 6,000 people isn't hard enough.

But at the least, it will be a great way to spend some of my vacation and hopefully my dad or I can beat the masses (preferably both).

Hopefully you'll be seeing us on ESPN in a few months.

May all our straights be flushes.

No comments: