Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Rando Post June 2009

Here are my random thoughts for June.

Or at least the first 9 days of it.

For this time around, every thought will start with, "I believe..."

-In the power of prayer. And if not prayer, then at the least a positive mental attitude. The power of self talk and that voice inside your head that won't let you give up.

-That people who take pain killers for your standard every day body aches or headaches are more likely to feel pain than those that just accept those every day pains and allow the body to fight them on their own.

-That we aren't supposed to live to or past the point where we can no longer support or control ourselves.

-That calendars and time were originally created as a way to organize people. And that we are driven like slaves by them now. I believe in my body's natural clock but am forced to live in a world which is run by an unnatural clock.

-That my dreams are trying to tell me something. And that if I wake up in the middle of the dream and I continue thinking about the dream and can fall back asleep my dream continues at the point at which I left off.

-That our ex-boyfriends and girlfriends think about us as often as we think about them.

-That our lives are run too much by fear, greed and guilt. And we need more confidence, generosity and forgiveness.

-That one of our greatest strengths as human beings is the ability to adapt.

-That the media has grown ever larger, while real conversation has grown ever smaller. At first I think the media (TV, Movies, Music, Internet) served as a bit of a distraction from our every day lives. Now we can't live without them and avoid interaction by using them as outlets.

-That every overweight person has another smaller, healthier person inside of them waiting to get out.

-That there are truly beautiful women out there. Women who don't need anything artificial but still look stunning.

-That more efficiency means less jobs. And in a world where almost everything we need is provided and everything we could want is automated how will we differentiate ourselves? I believe that individualism is beginning to be a tough sell.

-That working for my food - planting and growing fruits and vegetables, hunting, fishing and farming - instead of working to pay for my food seems like a much more rewarding lifestyle.

-That a few drinks every so often is healthier for me than not drinking at all.

I think this list had "too large" of beliefs on it. I think my next "I believe" post will have smaller ones on it.

No comments: