Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Mountain that Broke my Back

Saw the movie. Enjoyed it. Two masculine gay guys that love each other in a world not fit for them, beautiful scenery, and a sad ending…nuff said.

I’ve been staring at a computer screen today for so long that I’m beginning to see lines on my monitor. Or at least on this white background that is my word document. I hope my eyes are fucked because I’d rather have those messed up than this brand new LCD monitor. Heh. Not really.

Note to self: I’d like to try to remember to do the naked bike ride for the summer solstice.

Jamie Cullum is coming to town on March 1st. I tried to buy tickets, but the only ones available are balcony ones. I am an idiot for not buying tickets right away when the presale started. I wanted to surprise Michelle, but the only surprise announcement was the fact that he was coming and we more than likely weren’t going. For those with good seats, awesome. I saw him live at Nemo’s and I think I live for the rest of my life off of that. His last CD isn’t as good as the last one I purchased, “twenty-something”, and I expect him to do a lot from his new CD…which could be interesting live. But with my bad eyesight and all, and being almost able to touch him 2 years ago, to being half a mile away for almost double the price…no thanks. Good for him though. Looks like he’s gained a good following. Now to find more new musicians that no one knows about so I can have that one intimate show at the croc or something before they make it huge…

I don’t want to go to sleep tonight. I don’t know why. I don’t feel like it. I am sore. I went for a run in the 42 degree weather. I couldn’t feel my toes and wore a beanie on my head. My head got really hot so I took it off on the homestretch. However, because I had a beanie on, I couldn’t really hear things very well, quiet noises were muffled. During my run, I passed a dog with a metal collar and its owner walking behind it, plastic poop bag in hand. When I took off my beanie I heard my keys shake, since I had to carry my keys with me on my run, and I put them in my coat pocket, and I freaked out like the dog was behind me. I sprinted for a little bit. Then I sprinted for a little bit more. Then I sprinted up a long hill back to my parent’s cul-de-sac. Then I couldn’t breathe. And I couldn’t feel my legs. And the sweat was dripping off of me. I stunk. I took an ice cold shower. Nothing better than sweating and being hot, cooling off and taking a cold shower and getting clean. I am sore.

Saturday is the first Seahawks playoff game. I pray they win. We haven’t won a playoff game since I was two years old. And back then I couldn’t even bathe myself. Come to think about it, I wish someone would bathe me even up to this day.

The house isn’t done yet. I don’t want them to rush and do a shitty job. The bank is pissed because the appraiser went 10 days ago to check out the house and they spoke with the builder who was on site. The builder asked them to come back 10 days later to check in on all the progress they’ve made. Today was day 10. Nothing was different from 10 days ago. I think, like a car, never buy a house that’s so new it’s not even built yet. We bought dirt, and this process is us eating that dirt. That expensive, late, break the bank, precious dirt. I can’t imagine what will happen if the following things occur: We lose one of our jobs. One of our cars breaks or we are involved in a car accident. We are in need of some sort of medical treatment that our insurance doesn’t cover. Fire. Flood. Eathquake. These are all things that can happen in the blink of an eye. I am not invincible to life. Sometimes I may think that I am, or may act like it, but I am far from it. There are sure to be bumps and bruises along the way. And if I make it to 50, even 40 years old I will thank whoever I need to thank, 10 million times over and make sure that I’m doing the best that I can with my stupidly blessed life.

Let’s just do a little mind rambling. Things on my head. $100. A+ Certification. MBA. Tuition reimbursement. Rats. Carpal Tunnel. Spelling. Ice tasting water. Dry lips. Bleeding ear. Bleeding ulcer. Credit card. Online bank accounts. Investments. Missing people. Hugs. Losing weight. Losing my mind. Fainting. Wind chimes. Expensive wind chimes in Cannon Beach. Sickness. Wrinkles. Electricity bill. Cold draft. Calories. Garbage. Sleep.

No comments: