Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Annoying Things/Rants/Complaining

Ah, finally, a direct, full on rant post. Have you been waiting for one of these? Probably not. Most of my posts are the same thing anyway, so it’s not much different. But now it is time to give a “shout out” to all the little things that get my heart rate going at an accelerated rate, and my blood pressure a little bit higher. Look out heart attack! Here I come.

Tail gaiting in traffic. Traffic in general actually. Why do people DO THIS though? This morning, I’m driving down highway 9 and it’s backed up for at least the next 3 miles, with cars stop and go at about 5 miles per hour, MPH if you will. Now, unlike 85% of the rest of this lazy ass country I drive a stick. I’m an anal purist like that. Driving without a stick is not driving. It’s disabled driving. It gives you the opportunity to eat, smoke, do your makeup, talk on your cell phone and change the radio station while making sure your GPS navigation system is all working at the same time. When you drive a stick, good luck on doing HALF of that at the same time. Yes, sure, sometimes I drive with my knee. But still, I guarantee if we break it down when we look at accidents, the number of accidents per stick driver compared to the number of accidents per slush pump driver…the difference I think will shock people. Maybe we should just all switch back to manual! Imagine what a difference that would make on traffic. Probably none, because people are still idiots no matter what kind of car they drive.

Free right turn on red. People are turning LEFT in front of you jackass. NO ONE is coming. Just TURN. You’ve made a full and complete stop for the past MINUTE and watched as NO TRAFFIC IS COMING YOUR WAY. Just GO. I am on the horn about this one constantly. Way to go Mr. No Free Rights. You win the award for safest driver. And for those of you questioning these rants, here’s a little freaky statistic you might want to think about the next time you’re waiting at a stop light: Americans on average spend FIVE YEARS at stop lights. FIVE YEARS OF YOUR LIFE WASTED. I’ll probably end up above the average because of how bad traffic is around here, but at least I’m trying my best to keep close to the average.

Going 55 in the left lane. (this must just be a traffic rant then? Sure.) The left lane is meant for PASSING. Drive faster. Someone wrote in to the Seattle Times last month and said they camp in the left lane for a reason. “To make the highways safer for my fellow Seattlelites.” BULL HONKY! There’s a reason that people flash their brights at you and honk.

The best though are the people that cut you off and then give you the finger. I don’t think there’s anything better than this.

This reminds me of the family guy episode when Peter is a correspondent that does the segments about what really pisses him off.

To continue: People that receive emails, voicemails, text messages, and DON’T RESPOND. Why do you people do this? I’m leaving a voicemail, writing a text message, sending you an email for a reason. I’m LOOKING for a response. I want to know what you’re thinking, how you’re feeling, what your opinion is of something, whether or not I can meet up with you, grab my eye-glasses that I left there, where we’re going to meet for the night…I think this is the whole “one track mind” thing. And no, it’s not just guys that do this if that’s what y’all are thinking since I mentioned that. Everyone does it. Even I am guilty of it from time to time. But, I think I try harder than a LOT of people. There are those out there that get REPUTATIONS for never calling back, emailing back, texting back. I do not want to be one of these people.

People who are close minded about food. If you’ve never tried it before, how can you know whether or not you like it? Something that really irks me when I’m sitting in a Japanese or Chinese restaurant…hearing a woman, probably in her early 20’s next to us asking her boyfriend seriously, “Don’t they have fries or burgers here?” What the heck! What are you? There’s a reason that people eat the type of food that they do. It’s probably GOOD FOOD. And from what I’ve noticed, trying something new rarely kills a person. I think this kind of fear of the unknown is just unwarranted.

This is amazing, at this point I have run out of things to whine about. I will take a break writing until I think of more.

(3.72 hours later)

Have you seen that Passat commercial with the boom box at the edge of the garage roof and the song playing, “All By Myself”? That is an awesome commercial and that song is stuck in my head right now. That is all.

No comments: