Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Money Isn't Everything

A short post by me. 12:14 am and I wanted to be asleep 2 hours ago.

Ah well.

I was tired. Now I am delirious.

Money isn’t everything. That is the title of this post. I would just like to say, that the more money I make, the more I spend. What would make me happy? Being able to go to sleep at a decent time and then wake up whenever I wanted to. The FREEDOM to wake up at any time I believe is worth some amount of money…possibly a lot? How much do we pay to wake up late? Some probably more than others. Do you put a price on your time? I hope not. Doing so could drive a person insane. Unless you were super greedy like that, or infatuated with money.

I woke up at 5 am this morning, praying it wasn’t 7. It wasn’t. But I was still awake and couldn’t sleep. But I was trying to sleep and couldn’t.

I have a sinus infection. Coughing up yellow shit is not attractive to anyone. In last night’s finale/marathon of Laguna Beach I heard a song by Keane that I like. Tonight’s episode of Real World wasn’t that good. I stopped watching halfway through. I saw my first episode of House tonight, and…meh. Do I watch a lot of TV? I guess. What a waste of time. Too tired and too much of s i n u s headache to do anything else.

Free pizza tomorrow at work. Nice. Hump day, get on over that hump and roll down it. New book, “The world is flat” (and many other biased world views in a multitude of pages and small simple facts and anecdotes leading to a roundabout way of making some semblance of a point).

I don’t understand the Firefox logo. It is a fox on fire that is surrounding the World. Like World Wide Web I suppose. It is all too literal. Whoever came up with it must have said, “This is it, this logo is perfect”. Guess what logo-comer-upper-guy? THERE’S NO MYSTERY TO IT WHATSOEVER! Don’t you want to be hip chic post-mod W in ’06 stylin’ wilin’ out and high ballin’ it ta death? Well, you could have made it MORE CONFUSING so that people could feel like they were part of this hip indy rock crew that everyone for some reason thinks they’re in, but really not because everyone is the same when they’re naked and scared of dying. Look at me, I’m bitching at the Firefox logo guys.

And this has turned in to a much longer post than I wanted it to be. 7 minutes though. Not bad as far as wasting time tonight.

ION I started off the post wanting to talk about money because I’ve lost $500 since last Thursday. Half my paycheck! Woohoo. Not really. Welcome to my life, post-bonus. Trying to play for real is hard. But, I’ve just got to adjust, and I’ve already made a mini-comeback tonight of $100. How do you make the Euro sign? Because that would be like EURO 67 or something like that. They kick our ass where currency is considered.

OK, I’m going now. Seriously. Evening y’all.

No comments: